Friday, July 20, 2007

Silk to Linen...

Well as of Wednesday, I have been slowly working on the sample bag I am doing of the german geometrical pattern from the collar of the Meyer dress. I wanted to see how well I work with actual silk on linen and make sure I am skilled enough at that kind of bias stitching that I don't totally mess it up.

I purchased silk from the local Homespun Heart, but they did not have enough for my project or my sample...which sucks...but I found the silks I want and the colors...Bella Soir hand dyed in Shepard's Pasture and Mango look very pretty and are muted soft colors...so it is looking really nice. Plus it gave me a chance to try the pattern out for the right size gauge of linen to use...I am using 28 tea linen, it is looking very pretty. I will use white with the actual project but the tea is easier to see on to start.

So when I get done I will have a matching bag...woo hoo :)

No comments: