Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Setback

Ok, ok, I started stitching the trim for the chest. I used tracing paper for the pattern and attached it to the top.

1) It works well to punch through it and stitch the pattern, but it tends to pull away from the fabric making the stitches really loose.

2) When you go to tear it away, it is too thick and pulls the stitches even loser and it looks really poorly done once you get the tracing paper off.

I am only on the third flower on one side, so it is good I tested. I would have been pissed if I got all done and then pulled it away.

I am going to stop at the dollar store and get some white tissue paper and try again. Hopefully this will work better.

I will also only attach one strip to the fabric at a time. Two tends to make things a little loose as well.

Also I ordered my silk and it is in. Yeah! I did the kumihimo braid for the outside of the bag on the round disk. I will do a flat braid for the pull tie on the square disk later next week.

Things are slowly coming along. I need to start writing up my research now or I will forget a lot of it by the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what about a fine interfacing for the traced pattern? it might be more flexible, and some of the finer ones tear like nobody's business.