Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tassles

Well I made the tassles and attached two of three already to the bag. You have to weave the ends into the fabric itself. They look cute. I also attached the silk overlap on the top of the bag, this was tough, but it happened. The silk was really light and whenI folded under the edge to sew on and then wrap the silk over the top it created this dense color edge, I hated it. Luckily I had intended on the top linen flap to double over to give more strength to the pull string area so instead I flipped it forward instead of backward and covered up the line with the linen fabric, and it looks nice.

I sewed up one side of the bag aready to make sure I can get it lined up ok.I originally made both sides of the bag the exact same, in forsight I probably could have made the pattern continue from one side to the other, but I wasn't sure if it would have come out right once I joined all the pieces and stuff, so it is nice the way it is.

I will have the bag finished -- most likely tomorrow -- and I picked up the fabric for the collar yesterday half off at ac moore, I love the email coupons!!!! They send you a new one every week. It is nice. And hopefully I will remember about knitters this week, I wanted to hear the lecture too.

No comments: